Birmingham Repair Roundel

Birmingham Repair Roundel

Weapon Specification
Weapon Overview

The Government small arms repair facility was sited on Bagot Street in Birmingham, known as the "Tower". Birmingham Repair was responsible for the refurbishment of Martini Henry arms which  passed for inspection and repair.  In 1886, the Government also purchased the premises of the National Arms and Ammunition Co, on Montgomery Street, Sparkbrook, Birmingham, The two sites workes side by side  until Bagot Street was closed in 1894, Sparkbrook continued until 1906 when it was sold to the BSA Company.

Stock roundels from Birmingham can be found an many second class arms passed fit for service, repaired, extended or carbine conversions.